|Shorter assembly cycle time
- All the bonding for flip chip packages is completed in one process.
|Higher signal density & smaller die size
- Area array pad layout increases I/O density. Also, based on the same number of
I/Os, the size of the die can be significantly shrunk.
|Good electrical performance
- Shorter path between die and substrate improves the electrical performance.
|Direct thermal dissipation path
- External heat sink can be directly added to the chip to remove the heat.
|Lower packaging profile
- Absence of wire and molding allows flip chip packages to feature lower profiles.